Re: [IP] when to change set.../High glucose question

Reading these posts about high bgs during the night and DKA brings me to this
question about my high bgs.  I can have bgs of 600 without any symptoms and
also of 20 without symptoms.  I do have the unawareness syndrome, but I'm
beginning to think this might be kind of a good thing.  I check my bgs often
and even if I woke up with a bg of 600, I could treat it and I would be fine
in a couple of hours.  I think because I am on the pump and can treat these
so quickly with humalog, I never have problems that warrant ER care.  What is
this phenomenon?  Does anyone have a clue?  I was under the impression that
my bg would have to be high for a long time to go into DKA, but I guess some
people go into it very quickly.  While some have seizures or convulsions or
become very ill, why am I just able to treat these problems so easily?  I was
giving credit to the pump and my frequent bg checks, but maybe it is much
more complicated than this.  ellen