Re: [IP] MM and D differences was Re:Technical Error Messages

email @ redacted writes:

<< If you are going to make statements like this and claim they are fact, then
 >you'd better make sure they ARE facts.  What you wrote about a MM taking
 >more than one minute to bolus one unit is downright false.  I just tested
 >it... it took exactly 35 seconds to bolus one unit with my MM507.
 What I was getting at is that the MM takes significantly longer to deliver a
 bolus than the D, and I added that it was significant if you were going to
 have to hold the tubing straight for that period of time.

Well, I can attest to the fact that my 9 year old son has had his tubing (we
use the 43 inch tubing sets)  twisted and stuck in his pocket with his MM
pump virtually ALL of the time and we have never had any delivery problems.
His tubing even had a knot tied in it one day (don't ask me HOW that one
happened :-)  and still we've had no problems.  He has a basal rate as low as
0.3 for a period during the day and even at this low rate, no problems!
Perhaps the problems you mention are POSSIBILITIES which shoud be considered
by potential buyers but as far as being a FACT, I don't think so.