Re: [IP] Bolusing to fill Cannula

In a message dated 7/1/99 10:14:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< o, if I'm understanding things correctly, to fill the cannula requires
 a .5-1.0 bolus.  Does one need to eat to cover this bolus accordingly? I
 realize people are eating and bolusing after a set change as a safety
 measure, but this bolus is independent of the bolus needed to fill the
 cannula, correct?  Also, if one disconnects to take a shower leaving the
 pump in RUN, and you prime to make sure insulin is still coming out of
 the tubing, do you need to bolus to fill the cannula, or should it
 already be filled assuming it was before your shower?
Mary is Kelly live yet?  I haven't heard from you so I was wondering what