[IP] Pumps at the beach

Hi Janice,
We just got back from a week at the beach.  Take your chair, sit in the
ocean, and enjoy.  If you've got a Disetronic pump, just put in the red
tappet and you're good to go.  If you've got a Minimed, then you'll need a
sports pack, or a sandwich bag with duct tape (I love that solution, someone
else posted that a few weeks ago).  The other thing that I just got for
Jenna, and I think would work, is a waterproof fanny pack.  On the outside,
it's ripstop nylon, the inside is coated with a heavy plastic.  It has 2
ziplock style seals at the top of the pack, only much heavier plastic than a
ziplock sandwich bag.  I think if you put the tube out the edge, and zipped
it to the edge , and folded it over (as it's designed to do) it would keep
all the sand and moisture off your pump.  BTW, I ordered from Overton's
boating supplies - they also have stores in some of cities as well as a big
catelogue business. It was about $18.

Jenna would have had a cow if I suggested going back to shots for any time.
She had a little extra snack before swimming, but otherwise basal rates
stayed the same.  The air temp was in the upper 80's most days, and it
didn't seem to affect the insulin.  And she didn't have any site infections
despite all the soaking in the ocean.  She uses Tenders with IV prep, and
none of them came off prematurely.

Nancy Morgan, mom of Jenna, age 10

<<I am going to the beach in a couple of weeks ...I love my pump and have
great control on it, but I love to put my chair in the edge of the ocean and
sit and read.

I would like to hear from anyone about their experience at the ocean.>>