Re: [IP] MM and D differences was Re:Technical Error Messages

Richard wrote:
>You say all that Minimed pumpers have to do in case of a kink is straighten
>out your tubing and hold it and / or shake it while bolusing.
>That is a major inconvenience undecided shoppers should be aware of.
>Holding your tubing while bolusing your MM can be a ten minute proposition
>because the MM boluses .1 unit at a time or less than a unit per minute.
>That's another distinction between the MM and the D, which delivers complete
>boluses in less than 30 seconds.

If you are going to make statements like this and claim they are fact, then
you'd better make sure they ARE facts.  What you wrote about a MM taking
more than one minute to bolus one unit is downright false.  I just tested
it... it took exactly 35 seconds to bolus one unit with my MM507.

>Because of the MM's engineering, users occasionally have to inject long
>acting insulins with syringes.  (This D pumper has never returned to

Whoa again!  I've been pumping 2 1/2 years and have never had to use any
long acting insulin because of the engineering of my MM pump.

Sure, there are differences between the two pumps, but let's be careful on
this list to make accurate statements, and not falsehoods which denigrate
the other brand of pump.  Either pump is a good choice, they each have
advantages and disadvantages.  Starting a pump war is totally non-productive.

Mary Jean Renstrom
one of the IP list administrators