[IP] Camp

Let's face it -- camp (any type) just isn't for everyone.  And every camp for
kids with diabetes is different in their emphasis.  Andrea loves it -- but I
know by next year (when she's 15) she will have outgrown the need for it.
The one thing the camp did for her was to give her a sense of being able to
handle things without parents around when she was first diagnosed 6 years
ago.  Since then -- it's just been fun -- She's now branching out into all
sorts of other camps -- Cross Country camp, etc. and I know she can handle

I've always felt that maybe the camps for kids with diabetes help the parents
more than the kids. They give parents peace of mind and teach us that our
kids can take care of themselves without our asking for a blood test
everytime they act a little spacey! (which seems to be more and more often

Liz B.
Mom of Andrea - 4 weeks on the pump -- 1 trip to Cedar Point Amusement Park,
1 bike trip + 1 week of camp later