Re: [IP] diabetes camp

In a message dated 7/1/99 2:27:42 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

 ...I know its hard, but if
 your child is in control of his own disease and his numbers are good,
 don't ask at every meal, 'what was it?  did you give your shot yet?'! >>

Very good advice Susan.  That became a daily annoyance with me too.  I
however was rarely in good control, but it still annoyed me.  Maybe we should
write a list for parents of "What NOT to say to your IDD child."
Don't get me wrong.  My parents love me dearly and were only interested in my
well being, but even that became burdensome when I was a teen.   I am a
parent and I DO realize this is hard.  ellen