Re: [IP] when to change set...

Wayne wrote:  "I do it whenever it needs it.  When I first started, I
believed the
literature about not changing before bed, but now in fact I think it is
probably one of the better times.   If for some reason, the insertion is a
total failure (which has only happened once in a year and a half, and then
it was immediatly obvious because the prime bolus wouldn't go in),  then
you will wake up high in the morning, for not having the basal.  Things
could be a lot worse...."

I completely disagree with your theory Wayne....I would NEVER change my son's
infusion set before bed.  If there's a problem - DKA can ensue pretty darn
fast during the night without any insulin.  We try to change the set before
dinner.  That gives us time to correct anything before he goes to bed.  We
try to check bgs 2 and 4 hours after a site change.