Re: [IP] when to change set...

 >How about when you run out of insulin!  They might not recommend
 >it, but then they haven't approved Humalog in the pump either. I'll
 >change my set whenever necessary, but like you I hate to wake up
 >early just to change, so it may be the last thing I do before going to
 >bed (but then I get to eat a big bowl of ice cream to bolus for) and
 >test a couple hours later.

This is exactly what I do... I wait until I run out and then change sets.
(It pays to monitor what is left, so that you don't run out at an awkward
time, though). I usually run out of insulin every 3 to 3 1/2 days... which
is just perfect for Humalog. (Going longer causes site problems for me).

Ideally, you should change sets a few hours before bedtime, just so that
you can test to make sure the set is working. However, I've never had a
problem with my Silhouettes yet(knock on wood). So if I "accidentally" run
out at bedtime (or if I don't have enough to last me overnight), I change
it then. So far, I've never had a problem... but YMMV.

(Pumping for 13 months and still going strong)