Re: [IP] High BGs after exercise

>I used to powerwalk and now I run, but the
>> result is the same --my bs is 400-500 1hr after I exercise!  It does not
>> matter if my bs is 90 when I begin the workout or 250.  Its bizarre!  My
>> endo tells me to just keep troubleshooting b/c the exercise is so good
>> for me.

I have heard of this before.  From what i've read of other diabetic's
experiences with strenuous exercise there is a possible "non-mechanical"

In some individuals strenuous exercise makes the liver release stored
energy reserves in excesive amounts into the blood stream in order to
replace the stored energy, glycogen I think, used in the mussels.  The
result is that after exercise the bg is horendously high!

BS or not?  you decide.

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go