Re: [IP] OVER 21,900 INJECTIONS - JULY 30

 TO ALL:
It is very interesting to see the suggestions coming in as to the name we
should give to this "distinguished" group of people.  Some of the
suggestions include:
"We're Pumpers, We're Intelligent, We're Survivors",
"Pincushion to Pumper"
and 21,900 Club - Pincushion to Pumper"

I am sure we can generate many more ideas.

Just something to think about -

Can we come up with a title that is not exclusive to pumpers and maybe
emphasizes the considerable length of time the "club" members have lived
with diabetes???

The 21,900 number for injections was my idea originally and now that I have
found out how greatly this number can differ - even if we take all the
pumpers who have had diabetes for 30 years - I think we should leave out
all reference to number of injections.

I like the pincushion reference but quite frankly, until I don't have to
take any needles at all, I will still feel like a pincushion.  I absolutely
hate it when people ask about the pump and then make the comment about not
having to take needles.  When I show them the length and size of the needle
required to get the cannula in place they quickly retract their unknowing
comment.  I find the needles for the pump hurt more going in than the usual
syringes!!

Some time ago there was reference to the name Veteran.  Although I always
think of war when I hear that work, maybe we can work along that line for a
while.

I look forward to your creative input.

Paula

OVER 21,900 INJECTIONS - NEW NAME IN THE WORKS

 NAME		YEARS  IDDM		YEARS ON  PUMP		AGE

                                  SIXTY YEAR CLUB

 John Huff   		60						 61

 			FIFTY YEAR CLUB