[IP] Here's a question...

I decided after hearing news broadcasts that blood stores were low, and
the red cross was urging people to donate, that I would see if diabetics
could give. (cause they have a slew of regulations regarding eligability)
-- my father (type I for 25 years) told me I couldn't, well if I couldn't
I was gonna try and find out why, and perhaps do some educating...cause
it seemed to me that diabetics really wouldn't be that afraid of a needle
in our arm for 15 min.  (how many shots have some of us had????)  And
thats a big concern for alot of 'normal' people.  I found out that I can,
as long as I haven't made any drastic changes to my insulin schedual in
the last 2 weeks.  So I plan to stop by later this week, but I was
wondering if anyone has experianced problems with bg after donating
blood.  They take a good chunk out...if the fluid is simply replaced...I
would expect it to force you low. (dillution) anyone have any experiance?

James Lyons
University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science
Computer Science Engineering Class of 2000

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense