[IP] Re: diabetes/asthma

Judy, the incidence of asthma in the general population is about 8%.   In
some  older epidemiologic studies, the incidence of asthma in diabetics is
on the order of at most 1-2%.   I havent' seen any recent data, so it is
not clear if this big difference still exists now that we are all better
controlled.  From what I personally have seen, I think the incidence of
asthama in diabetics is still much lower than in normals.  So although most
of us still complain a lot, at least we don't wheeze :-)

<<<<<<<<From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Only 41 years

I find it very interesting that your asthma went away when you started
insulin. Have you ever read anything on this subject or any other "ailments"
that went away? I am just curious.

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205