RE: [IP] Megan in Hospital! NO DKA!!!!

Hi Judy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Megan, also.  I hope all the
problems mend themselves quickly.

God speed.

<< Gang,

All the problems we were having with high blood sugars for more than a =
finally made sense. Megan ended up in the emergency room Tues Morning =
with A
urinary tract infection. They sent her home with Bactrim.

Wed afternoon she spiked a 102 fever and they put her in the hospital
IMMEDIATELY!! She had a VERY BAD E-Coli infection(that was resistant to
Bactrim!!) that we now know spread to one of her kidneys. She was on =
antibiotics(3rd generation cephlasporin-Cephtriaxin) and continued to =
have a

Doc ordered an ultrasound-3 cysts in her right kidney and the kidney was
the size of the left one. Called in the head of Nephrology at the =
Could be one of four things-

1. congenital cysts (rarely found in young children)
2. abcesses from the infection
3. a neoplasm(he said G*D help us if it's this one)
4. polycystic disease(by the time you are 40 or 50 you are on dialysis)
    not likely because we have NO kidney disease in our family

We are having a CT Scan of her kidneys on Wed Aug 5 and another test on
the 7th. We spent 3.5 days in the hospital with ketones and high bs for
half of that time. NEVER EVEN CAME CLOSE TO DKA!!!!!!! I attribute it to
pump. Megan was receiving FOUR times the amount of insulin she normally

Please say a prayer for Megan and hope that these cysts are benign or =
they are gone!! It has been very rough this last week. It's good to be =

Judy C. >>

		For a healthy heart ...
		Give your Faith a workout!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted