From: Eugenia Gracer <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Problems with syringes
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 1998 8:50 AM

    =20
     Hi all:
    =20
     I recently experienced something that had never occurred before. I =
was=20
     trying to bolus for my dinner last Friday evening and kept getting =
a=20
     no delivery alarm. I disconnected and bolused to see if there was =
the=20
     possibility of a bad site. I also changed my site. It seemed to =
work=20
     fine so I reconnected and tried to continue bolusing for my dinner =
and=20
     still kept getting a no delivery alarm. I called MiniMed and they =
had=20
     me disconnect and bolus 5 units to see if it was a clogged line and =
it=20
     went through fine. I reconnected and once again tried to finish=20
     bolusing for my dinner and everything seemed A-OK. The next day as =
I=20
     was getting into my car I got another no delivery alarm. I reset =
and=20
     once again the problem went away. Again at dinner when I tried to=20
     bolus the same problem occurred. Well, I changed my site again,=20
     disconnected and continued to get the alarm. The outcome
was...drum=20=

     roll please, I had a syringe that was tight due to lack of=20
     lubrication. I always lubricate by pulling the plunger back and =
forth=20
     before drawing up my H/V...it was just a BAD syringe. Because I =
had=20
     lost track of my boluses and was frustrated I ended up with a BG =
of=20
     340 before bedtime.
send the next two lines in a message
info