[IP] Problems with syringes

     Hi all:
     I recently experienced something that had never occurred before. I was
     trying to bolus for my dinner last Friday evening and kept getting a
     no delivery alarm. I disconnected and bolused to see if there was the
     possibility of a bad site. I also changed my site. It seemed to work
     fine so I reconnected and tried to continue bolusing for my dinner and
     still kept getting a no delivery alarm. I called MiniMed and they had
     me disconnect and bolus 5 units to see if it was a clogged line and it
     went through fine. I reconnected and once again tried to finish
     bolusing for my dinner and everything seemed A-OK. The next day as I
     was getting into my car I got another no delivery alarm. I reset and
     once again the problem went away. Again at dinner when I tried to
     bolus the same problem occurred. Well, I changed my site again,
     disconnected and continued to get the alarm. The outcome was...drum
     roll please, I had a syringe that was tight due to lack of
     lubrication. I always lubricate by pulling the plunger back and forth
     before drawing up my H/V...it was just a BAD syringe. Because I had
     lost track of my boluses and was frustrated I ended up with a BG of
     340 before bedtime.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted