[IP] Help Wanted (Pretty Please!! It's not hard!)

Did you realize that there are currently 400 members on the
Insulin-Pumpers mailing lists?  Each week, approximately 15-20 new
members are added.  Did you also realize that behind the scenes, there
are only 6 of us (1.5% of the total membership) working to process new
subscriptions and help you with various problems like accessing the
archives and sorting out email problems??  We could sure use some more

Being a member of the ip-admin "team" is not difficult and you do not
need to be a computer wizard to do this.  OK, there are a couple of
computer wizards on the team, (not me, mind you), and they are willing
to sort out the really sticky problems.  The rest of us are regular
list members just like you, who are willing to give a few hours, every
six weeks or so, to help manage the list. Michael used to do it all by
himself!  We feel the time spent is worth all the benefits we have
received from membership in Insulin-Pumpers.

The main task is processing new member requests.  This entails reading
through the prospective member profiles, to make sure they are "the
real thing".  We don't want any SPAM infiltrating our precious list!
Then  a few approval passwords are added, and you send it back to the
main computer, via email.  It is SIMPLE!!  Believe me, if I can do it,
so can you!

Other tasks include sending subscribe/unsubscribe information to
people who ask for it, and assisting current members access the
"members only" portion of our website.  This involves sending out a
short email, something we all know how to do!

Currently, admin duties rotate on a weekly basis, so you don't have to
do it very often.  It involves about an hour a day to take care of the
business, often less.  If you are ever unsure of what you are doing,
the other admin members are willing to offer advice.  We have a
"special" mailing list, just for us, to hash out these issues. We are
pretty informal and "joke around" a fair amount.

If you are still reading, and would be interested in helping out, I
encourage you to take a look at the admin "howto" which can be found
at the VERY BOTTOM of the "Volunteers and Workers Needed" section on
the website.  Or, here, I'll make it easy for you and just give you
the URL:

The howto explains things in detail, don't be intimidated by it.  IT
REALLY IS EASY!!  Honest!! Then, follow the instructions to sign up
for the ip-admin team.  Your name will be placed at the bottom of the
list and if you sign up now (this is beginning to sound like an offer
on TV!), you will have at least 2 1/2 weeks to come up to speed before
it is your turn.  I wish I could offer you a free vial of test strips
or something like that but the pay for being an admin could double in
size and still be nothing!  But, it really is a good feeling to know
that you have helped.

Very sincerely and hopefully yours,

Members of the admin team:

send the next two lines in a message