Re: [IP] Diabetes in ethnic groups

I read the same thing on the ADA web page.  I also read that type 1 tends
to be more common among whites/caucasians.  Statistically speaking.  I
don't know that they have established a genetic link that establishes a
hard link between race and predisposition, but it was some evidence of
higher incidence among those types of people.

> I have read in Diabetes Forecast that Blacks and Native Americans have a very
> high incidence of Type 2, but I haven't heard about Type 1 being especially
> high risk.
> Beth

James Lyons
University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science
Computer Science Engineering Class of 2000

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted