Re: [IP] Cause of diabetes

In a message dated 7/26/98 10:27:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< the highest rate (not location) is among Native Americans.  I did
 a quick search and found the IHS pages (Indian Health Services) which gives
 rates for various causes of mortality.  Native Americans (including Native
 Alaskans) have a death rate from diabetes mellitus of 121.5/100,000, US-All
 has a rate of 34/100,000 and US-white has a rate of 28.6/100,000.  It is not
 broken down into type I or II,  >>
The data you report relates to mostly Type 2 diabetes.  I have read these
reports in published ADA journals. I beleive the Centers for Disease Control
in Atlanta has more info on it.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted