Re: [IP] Bg rise in a.m....

email @ redacted wrote:
> In a message dated 7/26/98 11:46:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << No protein???  There's protein in the milk. >>
> Milk does have protein, but it is not counted as a protein food..not enough to
> delay a fast absorption rise of the carbs...and it is also in liquid form that
> is absorbed faster.   Tonya's problem BG however, may be related to AM insulin
> resistence and basal/bolus amounts.  There are some graph charts in Pumping
> Insulin that help to ID the problem.  I only made some observations here, as
> to what might be the problem.
> Barbara B.

Thanks for enlightening me.  I thought milk was a good source of
protein.  If Kayla is a little low at bedtime, I usually give her a bowl
of cereal, thinking the milk protein would help sustain her.  So milk is
not a good choice?

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted