Re: [IP] Cause of diabetes

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Ruth Elowitz wrote:

> > . My wife and the girls have all the
> > crooked fingers, blond, etc....  plus 'rat feet'. <vbg>
> >
> >     Someone else commented about "crooked fingers" too and I'm not sure if you
> > mean a genetic trait or an acquired one.  They used to check your bg control
> > (for kids) by asking you to put your hands together as if you were praying.  If
> > you look at the way your fingers do or don't meet and their ability to lie flat,
> > you can tell if the fingers (and toes) are curling.  High bgs apparantly make
> > the tendons shorten and the fingers and I think other less easy to measure parts

Nope, this is definetly inherited. I have nice straight fingers. The
ladies have these kind of wiggily looking fingers viewed from EITHER the
top or side. Kinda like a crooked line. The joints don't line the little
bones in the finger up straight in either axis. But.... I love'em,
crooked fingers and all <vbg>

Hmm.... don't know about the rat feet :-)
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted