Re: [IP] Too late to be on the Pump?

Hi Linda --

> 7/25/98 10:15p
> After over 20 years of diabetes with more than 3/4 of the time poorly
> controlled, I have all kinds of complications ranging fro nerve
> damage,kidney impaired to vision loss. I was finally on the pump 2 1/2
> years ago. It really stabilized my blood sugars. Though my A1c is
> still not satisfactory, at least my blood sugar is not running from 30
> or lower to over 400-500 everyday. I wish I was on the pump much
> earlier, then probably I won't be suffering from these debilitating
> complications right now.

 You sound like I do: poor control for years and years finally resulting
in "complications."  I have been approved for a pump ( get it next
Tuesday! ), so my "control" *may* improve.

I don't know if I'm "too late" getting on the pump ... first *heard* about

pumps about a year ago.  Scared me back then, what with inserting and
keeping the "big needle" in me.  ( Brrrrrrr... )  And I had *no* idea of
the "jargon" associated with a pump then.  These lists have been a real
help in learning about pumps.

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 )
mailto:email @ redacted