Re: [IP] Bg rise in a.m....

> Here's a question...
> I wake up with a bg around 70 to 120.  I faithfully eat my Lender's
> cinnamon swirl bagel 38 carbs and drink a cup of milk = 12 carbs.  I
> bolus my 5 units (1:10 carb ratio).  Before lunch check I am usually 250
> or higher?!?!?!?  If I'm too low waking up I am rebounding, I know, BUT
> even if I am normal I go way too high!!!  What could it be?!?  Do I need
> a different carb. ratio for breakfast?  I DO have Pumping Insulin and
> plan on reading it SOON!!  Any ideas for me now though?!?  -Tonya D.
> P.S. Can dawn phenom. happen around 11:00?!?  That's when I get up!  :-)

Yes, Lily suffered from this for several months while we slowly kept
increasing her morning insulin. Her basal rate runs at 0.8 from 4:30
am until 11:00 am when it drops til she goes to bed almost 12 hours
later.  While she was in school, it had to be increased at 8:30 til
11:00 am.  YMMV.

Michael <email @ redacted>
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted