RE: [IP] I get my pump on Tuesday

Mary Jean,

Thanks for the advice.  I purchased "Stop the Rollercoaster" last year and
it has taught me a lot about carb counting.  I feel that I have a good
understanding of the concept but get blown away sometimes when I seem to be
"Way Off".  My problem area seems to be the fat content of food.  With
humalog it hits right for the first two hours and then my bg starts back up
later.  I have developed such a fear of lows that I always seem to take one
less unit than I really should.  I am hoping that with the pump I will loose
this fear.  I am wondering - will my doctor let me go on h/v mix right away?
I think that I am one that needs the tail (if this is a correct term).  I
love and hate humalog right now.  I love the quick action and hate that it
is gone when I seem to still need it.

If you go low on a pump do you recover quick and then go about your business
or are you fighting a day of lows?

I have different days when my bg goes high for NO reason (that I am aware
of)  and other days where it is great.  How do you adjust your pump to
anticipate these days?

Just a few of many questions to come......