Re: [IP] Site Lump

I have been pumping since March.  No infection or site problems until
the heat and humidity went up about to about 99% here in the "sticks" of
Wisconsin.  The Mosquitos launched a full blown assault on my body while
landscaping and building our deck.  I douse myself in bug repellent
daily.  To no avail.  The bugs continue feasting on me.  I developed
some tenderness at a site and the mosquito bites got all read and
gross.  A couple of cuts and scrapes weren't healing.  It only took
about 5 days to get really out of hand.  Went to the doc, staph
infection.   Antibiotics and topical stuff took care of it.

Some back ground:  I'm a clean freak.  I shower every morning and every
night. (AND I even use soap!) I used betadine wash before inserting
sets.  I wash the old sites with betadine wash and put antibiotic
ointment on them until they heal.  I have had 2 previous staff
infections prior to going on the pump.  Both times the infections
occurred when I had an over abundance of mosquito bites.

I just ordered some Smith & Nephews IV prep (per the Nurse at Home
Medical) to aid in the avoidance of future infections.  Hope it helps.

I'm always careful about avoiding infections and will continue to do so
especially now that I'm on a pump.

Becky D.

--
Becky Draper