Re: [IP] Fwd: Disconnect/ high bgs later

email @ redacted wrote:

> Question, my son age 10 disconnects when he swims or is very active, running,
> etc.  We have never hd a problem with him running high, infact he will dip.
> if he needs to eat or rather wants to he reconnects and boluses.  Question is
> after he connected back we checked his finger and he was 140, he left and went
> to a friends called me two hours later with a check of 400.  Does air get into
> line while disconnected if the pump is suspended?

Problem is that if the connector isn't aimed upward it may drip some insulin
out while on suspend. Whenever I disconnect I always leave the connector needle
pointed upward and usually higher than the pump. When I reconnect I always bolus
0.2 units to be sure it's full before connecting. If I don't get insulin showing
do it again. Also note that I DON'T suspend the pump, just leave it running,
which ensures that it will be full to reconnect. It also saves battery power,
the
beeper alarm wastes some.

Should we prime pump before
> reconnecting or just leave pump on?  Thanks

Ted Quick