[IP] Kids are amazing!!!

Mimi and I take a 'kid' out to dinner once a month at a nice place.
With 5 kids, there are 10 'special' nights a year just for them alone
with mom and dad. Last night was Lily's birthday month dinner.

We went  to the San Benito house in Half Moon Bay and had a great
dinner. The entrees were:

Duck in pear and ginger sauce, with wild rice and a mixed vegetable

Seafood sausage (crab, scallops, etc...) on a bed of grilled polenta
with caramelized onions and.....

Gourmet pizza of grilled eggplant, fresh cherry tomatoes and goat
------------yum!, we shared all of that.

For dessert, we had expresso coffee creme, a very rich pudding topped
with blueberries, wild strawberries and whip cream

AND home-made marscipone ice-cream topped with cabernette sauteed

Lily added a Latte to all that to top off her dessert while Mimi and
I just had de-caf coffee.

Oh, I forget the home- made breads, they were so good
we bought some and took them home for the rest of the family.

At this point, your probably wondering "what's the point of the

Well, amazing Lily 'estimated' the whole dinner and did not measure a
thing. By the time dinner and dessert was over she had bolused 20
(yes TWENTY) units of insulin. I was about to have heart failure and
was anticipating "one of those nights". But..... at 11:00 her post
prandial bg was 185. She was going to bolus down, but I insisted that
she leave well enough alone. At 1:00 am worry wart dad woke her up
and she was 130 and at 2:30 am she was 150. Hmmm..... guess I better
leave the poor kid alone and let her sleep. This morning (morning is
about 10:00 for Lily in the summer) she was fine, of course, and I
can't believe she actually got away with that!!

Aren't kids great!?

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted