Re: [IP] RE: Inplantable Pump

To James:

I am familiar with all that auto-immune stuff and it was my understanding
that the pig stomach lining (or something similar) prevented the antibodies
from attacking or even getting access to the islet cells.  Sort of like a
one way filter.  The encapsulation of the islet cells allows them to
transfer their magic out into the body without the antibodies being able to
get in and destroy.

I know that article is somewhere in this messy office I work from.

Paula

> From: James P Lyons <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] RE: Inplantable Pump
> Date: Friday, July 24, 1998 11:08 AM
>

> <<<<<<From: "Paula Berketo" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] RE: Inplantable Pump
>
> There is a professor at the University of Toronto - the same place
Banting,