[IP] Advice Needed.....

Hi listmates.  I am in need of some advice here.....I got a new
Disetronic pump about a week ago and completed training on the pump
operation/programming and carb counting.  I am currently wearing it with
only saline solution in it but want to start pumping insulin
immediately.  My MD agreed to prescribe the pump at my request but would
now like me to see an endo.  I finally got my insurance to approve this
but now I can't see the endo for almost 2 months!  They're booked solid.

Should I attempt pumping insulin myself using the hourly basal rates
suggested in Walsh's book "Pumping Insulin"?  This is based on body
weight and I can adjust it where necessary with lots of testing.  Should
I proceed or wait several more months to see the endo?

Carol Wilson
email @ redacted
Type 1 - 21+ years

send the next two lines in a message