Re: [IP] about number of shots

yerachmiel:

I used a formula which I thought would give a near approximation of number
of shots.  Basically 30 years (since that seems to be around the average
time of the entire list of long time IDDM's) times two shots (as most
IDDM's started on one, then before pumping were probably on 4)

Using me as an example, went from 1968 - 1982 on one shot, 1982-1984 on two
shots, 1985-1989 on four shots, 1990-1991on eight shots, then on pump
1991-present on about one injection every two - three days.  I also
factored in a number of 100 shots for miscellaneous times when I was off
the pump, and a number of 200 for all those blood tests through the years.
As you can see, this would be very time consuming to do for each pumper!!!!
 but I do have the ability to be rather precise.

Regards

Paula

Thanks for the updates to the list.
----------
> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #440
> Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 3:39 PM

     Boy, if someone is 7.5 or 2.5 years on pump then I'm 36.67 years
     diabetic and 18.1 years on pump!!

     My records also include:

        email @ redacted               on pump for LONG time
        email @ redacted          on pump for 13 years.
        Elissa premerlani  (age 17)     on pump for 17-3=14 years
                (get this kid on line mommy)
        Audrey Murray                   on pump for 15+ years
                <email @ redacted>

     On subject of number of injections:

     If 365 days/year * 60 years = 21,900 shots BUT THIS ASSUMES
     only one a day (and most of us can tell you different).....

     On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 "Paula Berketo" <email @ redacted>
     wrote: [IP] OVER 21,900 INJECTIONS

     Welcome to the Over 21, 900 INJECTIONS Club.

      OVER 21,900 INJECTIONS

 NAME              YEARS IDDM              YEARS ON PUMP               AGE

                                SIXTY YEAR CLUB

 John Huff              60                                              61

                                FORTY YEAR CLUB

Elzie Speir             49                                              68
Bob Burnett             42 or 43                                        46
Ted Quick               42                                              48
Sally Sternfeld         40                         2.5
Wayne Mitzner           40

                            THIRTY YEAR CLUB

Ellen                   39
Buddy Barber            39                        2
Beth Smith              36                        15                     44
Yerachmiel Altman       36                        18
Vicki McDonald          34.5                                             47
Ruth Kapo               34                                               54
Jane Dohrmann           32                                               42
Paula Berketo           30                        7.5                    34

                          TWENTY YEAR CLUB
Eugenia Gracer          27                        2
Ruth Elowitz            24
Laurel                  23

send the next two lines in a message
info