Re: [IP] RE: Inplantable Pump

wm:

There is a professor at the University of Toronto - the same place Banting,
Best, Collip and McLeod discovered insulin who has encapsulated Beta cells
in the stomach lining of a fetal pig.  This was being tested on animals
with sucess.

Apparently the cells can do their job without getting attacked.  Sort of
like a force field.  I spoke to the man to get further info. for a public
speaking engagement I was doing.

Somewhere in my piles of info on diabetes I have the article about him.  I
will try and send through some day.

Very exciting.

Paula

----------
> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] RE: Inplantable Pump
> Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 11:59 AM

Hey Buddy, that's my endo who is pushing this.  But as I've told him, until
they get rid of those multiple finger sticks, I'm not going to buy one.
Nor will many others.  Whats' so great about replacing the syringe needle
if you still have those lancet needles in your sensitive fingers?    I'm
still waiting for someone to figure out how to encapsulate beta cells to
protect them from my hot T-cells.  That's the "cure" that is always over
the horizon.
-wm

<<<<<<From: "Buddy Barber" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] RE: Inplantable Pump

Hopkins: No More Injections For Diabetes?
(Johns Hopkins Health Insider) - A new insulin pump implant will
replace the needle for some diabetics -- with fewer side effects.
http://www.intelihealth.com/enews?192357
_>>>>>>>>>>

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.