Re: [IP] Cause of diabetes/cancer?

Sam:
You mentioned no asthmatic's in your family.  What about people who are
sarchastic?????  You also didn't mention humourous as this seems to be a
predominant trait (pump in shorts!!!)  ;-)

Paula

----------
> From: Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Cause of diabetes/cancer?
> Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 9:27 PM

>Michael,
>   I am sitll having problems getting over the fact that so many of us
fit
>into a pattern. Thyroid problem mom and diabetes kid. There has to be
>something to it. How many Thyroid mom and diabetes kid also have siblings
that
>have ADHD, Dylsexia, and or Asthma. I have cousins that are asthmatic. My
son
>has Asthma. and my brother and nephews are both ADHD and Dyslexic.  There
is
>some genetic connection or predisposition here.  I have a feeling that
they
>are all interconnected. I am the only diabetic in my family, but I also
have
>all recessive traits - blonde curly hair, blue-grey eyes, crooked fingers
and
>toes (not badly), fair skin. I know that an illness triggered my immune
system
>into an autoimmune response, but I also think that I was gentically a
loaded
>gun ready to go off.  Just some  thoughts.

Unfortunately for every such pattern there are numerous exceptions.
Although my mother had a thyroid condition (Hashimoto disease), I am
neither blonde, fair-skinned or blue-eyed. My fingers are pretty straight
too. No asthmatics or dyslexics in the family, as far as I can tell,
either.

Sam

send the next two lines in a message
info