Re: [IP] Why Pump Therapy for Me.

In a message dated 7/23/98 8:58:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Another advantage to pumping that I have not seen anyone mention is that
 you are able to give very precise amounts of insulin to better match the
 food you eat.  This is especially helpful if you are sensitive to insulin
 and take relatively small amounts.

That is precisely the issue that "put me over the fence" toward pumping. For
me, every tenth of a unit makes a BIG difference in my control.  There simply
is no way to accurately draw up 2.3 units in a conventional syringe!  The pump
allows me to accurately count carbs and it is the carb counting to which I
credit my improved control.

Also, the basal insulin is wonderful. In the past 18 months of pumping, I
haven't had a single occurance of nighttime hypoglycemia.  While on MDI, I
used to have them at least once a month.  Very scary!

Matt, and others considering pump therapy-- please take note!!

Mary Jean
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted