Re: [IP] Successful Sil Skewer! & Q

Michael:

Unfortunately, I don't think I have enough other sites to let my tummy rest
for 2 months.

Well, perhaps if I can use my upper thighs . . . but I'm hesitant to do
this, as I have had absorption problems there, too.

If the Sils didn't have such a long, scary-looking insertion needle, I
could get hubby to do insertions, and then I'd have all the butt area I
can't see or reach.  I've tried Sofs there, but they hurt when I lay on
them, and the site gets sore.

If I'm not able to let my tummy have a proper rest, mightn't using the Sils
at least rest the lower subQ layers?  That was my real question.

--Laurel Huff-Sedgwick

----------
> From: Michael <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Successful Sil Skewer! & Q
> Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 6:53 AM
>
> Question: I need to place a supply order and am trying to decide how many
> Sils to get.  I have absorption problems in many areas of my abdomen
(esp.
> the sides) due to many years of MDI there.  Does anyone have the
experience
> of getting better absorption with Sils than with Sofs in areas that have
> history of absorption problems?

Lily started using the Comfort/Tender/Sil sets because of
absorption/site corruption problems in her abdominal area. She uses
the area over her butt, left/right. Others on the list use hips and
thighs as well.

Try letting your abdomen rest for two or three months and use these
other areas. Lily's hypertrophy virtually disappeared after 2 months
and has not returned since she started rotating insertion through all
sites a couple of months ago. Specifically she uses 4 sites,
left/right upper buttocks with Comfort/Tender/Sil (actually a little
above and to the outside) and left/right lower abdomen with sofset.

Michael
send the next two lines in a message
info
end