MTA Song
by J. Steiner & B Hawes

Now let me tell you of a story 'bout a man named Charlie
On this tragic & fateful day
He put 10 cents in his pocket kissed his wife & family
Went to ride on the M.T.A.

But did he ever-return? no, he never returned
And his fate is still unlearned
He may ride forever 'neath the streets of Boston
He's the man who never returned

Charlie handed in his dime at the Kendall Square Station
And he changed for Jamaica Plain
When he got there the conductor told him 'One more nickel!'
Charlie couldn't get off that train

Now all night long Charlie rides thru the tunnel
Saying What will become of me?
How can I afford to see my sister in Chelsea
Or my cousin in Roxbury?'

Charlie's wife goes down to the Scollay Square Station
Every day at a quarter past two
And thru the open window she hands Charlie a sandwich
As the train comes rumblin' thru

Now you citizens of Boston, don't you think it is a scandal
That the people have to pay & pay?
Fight the fare increase, vote for Walter O'Brien
And get Charlie off the M.T.A.!
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted