From: Michael <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Absence of low readings.
Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 7:51 AM

>  Sometimes when I come down quickly, I have they same reaction as when I
> have low bg's.  Even though my bg's are in the norm.  My body often lies
=
to me
> in this manner. Sometimes, I am fooled into thinking I am crashing when =
I am
> not.  That is why I find it so important to test on any occasion.  Also,
=
has
> anyone had the problem of raising bg's back up after a crash.  I am =
finding
> that even after eating as much as 4 glucose tablets (20gcarb) it takes =
as much
> as 30 minutes for my bg's to increase. If I take more glucose. Then I am
=
in
> trouble. I send my bg's up to the 200 - 300's. does anyone know a =
quicker way
> to get bg's up form the 30's and 40's???

Glucose is the quickest. And your bg test is lying to you. There is a=20
delay between what your core blood system sees as bg's and what=20
eventually makes it out to the tiny capillaries in your fingers. You=20
are most likely rebounding and are lower at the core than the bg=20
tests indicate. You may actually need more glucose pronto to prevent=20
this from happening, but I'm guessing at that.

Michael
send the next two lines in a message
info
end