Re: [IP] Site Lump

> If I have picked up the right info, mixing will avoid site problems when
> the site seems to quite absorbing the insulin (happens to me every week or
> so).
That appears to be the conclusion based on reports of various members
who mix, my daugher included

>  Also may have benefit of prohibiting the extreme highs or lows of
> rebounding.
Close, there is some evidence that a low can occur for Humalog only
users that is not easily detected by blood testing. To my knowledge,
no specific mechanism has been proposed and only antecdotal evidence
suggests this. The evidence of unexplained high blood sugars and
'feeling weird like a low' has been reported in the absence of low bg
readings. This appears to go away or be moderated with the presence
of a regular insulin mixed with H, even in small quantities.

Buffered insulin (of which Humalog is one) has a liquid carrier that
is optimized to allow the insulin to be readily absorbed by the body
without crystalization (such as might occur in the long tube) as well
as a number of other beneficial side effects. To one extent or
another, all modern insulins are buffered - however, Velosulin is
specifically optimized for use in pumps as I understand it. It is
also reported on the list that the buffering solution for H and V are
very similar (if not identical).
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted