From: Michael <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Cause of diabetes/cancer?
Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 6:10 AM

The most promising theory is that 'improved health care' is actually=20
causing the increase. YOu have to read my post of a day or two ago =
(long)=20
about the two types of killer T cells in the immune system. Anyway, if=20
you have the genetic predisposition to have the killer T1 that is =
capable=20
of attacking the beta cells, better health care keeps the total level =
of=20
disease down and prevents activation of the 'bad' T cell as well as the=20
'good' T cell that will supress the activitiy of the former. Eventually=20
you get nailed when something comes along and activates the T cell that=20
goes on to attack the beta cells..... at least that is what I read.

Michael