Re: [IP] Blood Pressure

Hi Rachel --

> I just went on an Ace Inhibitor (Lontensil) to protect my kidney ---I
> only have one BIG one as I lost the other in childhood BEFORE being
> diagnosed with diabetes --weird genetic mutation.  Anyway, my bp runs in
> the borderline range - normal, so the dr. suggested this Ace Inhibitor.
> I found myself dizzy, nauseous, and at times vomitting.  The only thing
> I could stand to consume was liquids, thus I quit the meds after 5 days.
> Is this medicine supposed to get rid of extra fluid?  I did not notice
> going to the bathroom a lot.  I only noticed how ill I felt!  UGH.  I
> guess he will try a different type of drug?  Rachel, type one 15 yrs.

You might ask your doctor to prescribe captopril.  It's supposedly one
of the "miracle ACE inhibitors," with few side effect.  I take 150 mg daily,

three times daily.  It keeps my BP down to "almost" mormal ( 140+/70+ ).

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 )
mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message