Re: [IP] Re: Depression, Insurance, etc.

Leslie:
On insurance, my insurance coverage paid for insulin and syringes but also
not test strips.  I went on a massive letter writing campaign to National
head of BC/BC; State Head, Local Head, company president, HR VP, etc.
Calling and writing everyone I could.  Making lots of noise.  Basis was we
don't know how much insulin to give if we can't test our bg.  Then I went
into annual cost of strips vs cost of one kidney transplant or dialysis
treatment, etc.

It took 2 years of hell raising, but now test strips are covered under
medical supplies at 80% after deductible. I wanted them covered like
insulin and prescriptions, (i.e., we just do a copay for RX, but purchase
supplies and send off for reimbursement), but I accepted this major
improvement.

Part of the problem I found out later was education for my own company.
They were a major factor in getting this covered.  So, don't give up.

In fact, anytime any one on this list needs some support and backup on
diabetes insurance coverage, I will help in any way I can.  I think we all
should do that whenever our support might make a difference.
OK?

Oh, Yeah, depression runs in my family, and I certainly feel more down when
my bgs are high, until I figure out what it is.  My own depression has been
almost nil since I discovered St. John's Wart.
Bonnie