Re: [IP] Cause of diabetes/cancer?

The most promising theory is that 'improved health care' is actually
causing the increase. YOu have to read my post of a day or two ago (long)
about the two types of killer T cells in the immune system. Anyway, if
you have the genetic predisposition to have the killer T1 that is capable
of attacking the beta cells, better health care keeps the total level of
disease down and prevents activation of the 'bad' T cell as well as the
'good' T cell that will supress the activitiy of the former. Eventually
you get nailed when something comes along and activates the T cell that
goes on to attack the beta cells..... at least that is what I read.

Michael