Re: [IP] When to Start a child on pump

<< A couple who are friends of mine have asked me to pass on this question
 to parents of children on pumps:  When is the best time for children to
 start on the pump?  Their child, named Michelle, is 6 years old, and was
 diagnosed two years ago.  They struggle a lot with maintaining
 reasonable blood sugars and have seen the success that I and their niece
 who wears a pump have had.  The advice they have been given is "Wait
 until the child is 15 and begging for it."  Do others agree/disagree? >>

My son started pumping 1 year ago at age 6. I strongly disagree!!!
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted