Re: [IP] Cause of diabetes/cancer?

<< Not true. We're talking about insulin dependent diabetes. A recently
 published paper (BMJ 1997 Sep 20;315(7110):713-717) showed that in the
 Oxford region of England, the number of under 5's getting IDDM rose by
 11% per year for the last 11 years. That's a 3-fold increase. Whether
 these are children who would have got it in 20's and 30's instead, and
 are now getting it earlier, is not clear, but the suggestion is that
 that's not the case. In the 5-9 age group, it rose by 4% per year, and
 in the 10-14 by 1% per year. Something's causing this, and they don't
 know what. >>

What is causing it is their diabetic parents or grandparents aren't dying.
They are living and reproducing and passing on the genes.

<<We're not talking gene change. A proportion of the population has a
susceptibility, and more and more of this group are having the diabetes
"switched on" by the various and usually unknown factors.>>

The Susceptibility comes from the genes that were passed of from the diabetic
relatives that didn't die.
Of course this is just my opinion.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted