Re: [IP] Depression

> I am most interested in your comment "depression and difficulties
> with self-esteem".

One of the complications of being 'high' is depression. It has been
reported numerous times on the  list and I have noticed it in Lily.
She gets into a mood where 'nothing is right'. Usually this goes away
with corrected bg's. I'm sure other members of the list can report
far more devasting examples, I know there are some in the mail

As far as self esteem goes, Lily and others absolutely hate people
watching them take a shot. The hide out in bathrooms, closets, etc...
to avoid the curious stares of strangers and even family. For Lily,
at least, this has gone away completely with the pump. She doesn't
care anymore who see her do a finger stick or a bolus and she is
relatively un-abashed about digging around in her shorts on the
soccer field or at the beach to remove her pump or re-connect.

I really don't know what else to say in reponse because I know my
life experience with this subject is tiny at best. There have really
been some horrific stories related on the list about depression. It
appears to me, at least, that better control (aka the pump) moderates
the depression and in some cases prevents it entirely.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted