Re: Re: [IP] Site Lump

Me too.  I hope others do as I say not as I do.

Paula

----------
> From: Bonnie Richardson <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: Re: [IP] Site Lump
> Date: Wednesday, July 22, 1998 4:20 PM

Sue:
Thank you for responding.  Some bells rang in my head when I read about
your friend dying of complications of an infection.  I believe there are no
accidents.  I have chosen to take your story, following so closely after I
shared how lackadaisical I am in doing what I should, as a warning.  I am
taking it as a wake up call to be more diligent about avoiding infections
in my own personal diabetes care.  Just because I haven't had any problems
doesn't mean I never will.  I appreciate your taking the time to share.
Bonnie

----------
From: Susan Gordon <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: Re: [IP] Site Lump
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 1998 1:30 PM

I usually don't respond to often to information...it is more interesting
reading and learning it right now...but, I feel I need to respond to this.
=
diabetic friend - not super close but someone I have known for a number of
years - just died from "complications of diabetes".  He was in his 60s and
=
had
been diabetic for almost 40 years.  He developed a sore on his foot - one =
of
many he had fought through the years - and the doctors thought they had it
under control.  At least this was what he and his wife told me 3 weeks ago
when I saw them at the store. =20

I was terribly shocked to see his obituary in the paper last weekend.=20
Apparently, the infection from his foot got into his blood stream and his =
body
just couldn't handle it.

It has made me more aware of germs and bacteria while changing my site.

I still am having trouble understanding how an infection can completely =
take
over like this!

Just FYI.  =20

Thanks for listening and please take care!   Sue Gordon

____