Re: [IP] Site Lump

I had tons of them as a teenager/college student and a few smaller ones in years
since (lots of old scars to prove it).  Ironically, in those days I was much more
"sterile" -- used more skin preps and things than I do now.  The thing that
cleared up the infections was the Sof Sets.  I still find that I tend to get
infections/pimples (smaller ones these days) when a site is rubbed by clothing or
if I ignore a tender spot and put it in.  15 years or so ago I was told by a
doctor that the needle abraided the tissues under the skin and made it vulnerable
to infection in a way shots don't.  Makes sense.  I suspect that if you pushed
your luck with dirt and germs you would get infections but that reasonable
cleanliness does the job and that high bgs, abrasion, etc may be larger problems.

Ruth