Re: [IP] Site Lump

Regarding habits, like Paula, I am very casual about things.   I know that
I cannot leave the canala (sp?) at one site more than 3.5 days.  The site
gets irritated (not infected) every time.  I used to inject through
clothing frequently (before pump), I usually don't wash my hands before
testing, use lancets until they don't work, don't put the little end piece
on the infusion set up when I leave it on the counter to take a shower, use
tubing and syringes as long as I think I can get away with it., although I
have never gone past a couple of weeks - thanks to Paula I will now do so.
I don't pre clean sites, I don't even have any of that stuff in my house.
However, I always have a complete set-up with me in case of a problem. I DO
eat a cup of yogurt most every day which help keep away the yeast
infections.   Most of my decisions had to do with economics & laziness.
And I have not hand any kind of infection in 14 years.

All the initial education and training is vital to understand what should
be done and what needs to be done  to prevent problems, and how problems
come about.  We all know what we SHOULD do all the time.  AND we all
develop our own way.  The first six or so months of using the pump I was
fanatic about doing it the right way, used the swabs and stuff always.
Then as time moved on and time and money got in the way, I started doing
things differently.  I have had no problems and it works for me, and
obviously for Paula.  It may not work for anyone else.  I certainly don't
advocate any pump user doing as I do.

I just wanted to say how grateful I am to learn that other people are not
perfect in their diabetes care. It gave me comfort to learn that I was not
"BAD" because I didn't do everything I was supposed to do.

I think my site problems, and absorption's problems are not a cleanliness
issue but an insulin issue and all have disappeared in a day or two.

Thanks!
Bonnie