Re: [IP] eating out

Michael wrote:
> > <<   Another rule of thumb I was taught was 1 hour after eating you bg should
> >  > never be above 180, Two hours after eating should never be above 150.

> I disagree. Kidneys spill glucose starting at around 165 or so.

Actually, as with most generalities it isn't a set number, it's a variable
across a fair range from 1 to another of us. When newly diabetic it may well
be at 165 to 180 depending on your particulars, but after years of diabetes,
especially if in poor control the number tends to rise. Some long term diabetics
tell me their renal threshold is over 200.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted