Re: [IP] DKA

> Unfortunately, very few in the medical field can handle us lay-people
> knowing more about diabetes than they do.  I'm willing to bet they
> labeled you as 'difficult' because you didn't want to treat your son the
> way they did.  In the short 19 months that Kayla has had this disease,
> I've learned more about diabetes than most doctors (endo's excluded)
> learned in four years of med school.  And they don't like that at all.

I have to give Lily's endo credit for actually asking us questions
about the treatment plan we use so he can apply it to his other pump
patients. He is now using a number of things learned on this list
that he was previously not aware of. He's a great guy and very
professional. The information truly flows in both directions.Three
cheers, we've got a good one!
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted