Re: [IP] DKA

> So, please be honest, have you
> guys with lots more experience had this happen, and what is the best way to
> handle it?
> Thanks for your help,
> Fruitcake
> Deb (Nate's mom)

Those guys with the initials after their names are trained and paid to
diagnose and spot illnesses.  You are not.   You are a mom who happens
to be doing the best she can for her son.  Given the fact that you have
done so well for the past 17 months is a testament to that.
Unfortunately, very few in the medical field can handle us lay-people
knowing more about diabetes than they do.  I'm willing to bet they
labeled you as 'difficult' because you didn't want to treat your son the
way they did.  In the short 19 months that Kayla has had this disease,
I've learned more about diabetes than most doctors (endo's excluded)
learned in four years of med school.  And they don't like that at all.
(Except for Kayla's endo who is a wonderful 'partner' in treating
Kayla.)  I bet you just ruffled their feathers and bruised their egos.
And now that you know what to look for in DKA, I bet it won't creep up
on you again.  You are doing the best for Nate that you can and you are
learning more every day.  Don't let people who don't know you pass
judgement on you (even if they do have those little initials!).

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted